Hewlett Packard JG654A HP 425 (WW) Radio access point 802.11 a/b/g/n Dual Band (JG654A)- Working in unison with HP controllers, the HP 425 802.11n Dual Radio Access Point Series delivers high-performance networking solutions. The enhanced controller architecture scales to IEEE 802.11n without requiring a controller replacement.
- The controller provides advanced radio resource management RRM, including client load balancing and interference mitigation. The HP wireless controllers support a fast-roaming capabilityan important feature, especially for VoIP communications.
- The HP 425 access point works in managed mode with an HP wireless LAN controller. The access points provide RF spectrum analysis with detection and classification of non-IEEE 802.11 interference, and have the ability to automatically avoid interference.
- Wireless security is comprehensive with integrated wireless IDS and support for internal and external authentication, authorization, and accounting AAA servers; built-in stateful firewall; per-user VLAN mapping; and authentication. In addition to working with the HP MSM controllers, the access points work with the new HP 10500/7500 20G Unified Wired-WLAN Module, the HP 800 Series Unified Wired-WLAN Switch, and the HP WX5002/5004 wireless controllers.
- Wi-Fi Clear Connect: provides a system-wide approach to improving WLAN reliability by proactively determining and adjusting to changing RF conditions; helps optimize WLAN performance by detecting interference from Wi-Fi and non-Wi-Fi sources using spectrum analysis capabilities built into the access points, identifying rogue activity, and making decisions at a system-wide level
- Advanced radio resource management: Automatic radio power adjustments: include real-time power adjustments based on changingenvironmental conditions and signal coverage adjustment. Automatic radio channel: provides intelligent channel switching and real-time Interferencedetection. Intelligent client load balancing: determines number of clients across neighboring APs and adjustsclient allocation to balance the load. Airtime fairness: provides equal RF transmission time for wireless clients.
- Spectrum analysis : Power/frequency spectrum analysis: measures noise from IEEE 802.11 remote sources. Signal detection/classification: identifies source of RF interference, for example, Bluetooth®, cordless phones, and microwave ovens. Evaluation of channel quality: helps detect severe channel degradation and improves thereporting of poor RF performance.
- Integrated IDS: detects and locates unknown and rogue devices see controller data sheet for details
- Access point management: provides secure Web browser SSL and VPN, command-line interface, SNMP v2c, SNMP v3, MIB-II with traps, and RADIUS Authentication Client MIB RFC 2618; offers embedded HTML management tool with secure access SSL and VPN; implements scheduled configuration and firmware upgrades from a central controller
Quality of Service QoS
- Rate limiting: supports per-wireless client ingress-enforced maximums andper-wireless client, per-queue guaranteed minimums
- Centralized traffic: maintains Layer 2 and Layer 3 QoS settings when using centralized traffic or guest access
- IEEE 802.1p prioritization: delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic
- Wireless: L2/L3/L4 classification: IEEE 802.1p VLAN priority, SpectraLink SVP, and DiffServ. Virtual Service Community VSC: assign Wi-Fi MultiMedia WMM, IEEE 802.11e EDCF, and Service-Aware priority . VoIP call capacity: supports 12 active calls per radio, maximum.
- SpectraLink Voice Priority SVP support: prioritizes SpectraLink voice IP packets sent from a SpectraLink NetLink SVP server to SpectraLink wireless voice handsets to help ensure excellent voice quality
- IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet PoE support: simplifies deployment and dramatically reduces installation costs by helping to eliminate the time and cost involved in supplying local power at each access point location
- Local power option: offers 48V DC power connector for use with an optional power supply when PoE is not available
- Auto-MDIX: adjusts automatically for straight-through or crossover cables on the Ethernet interface
- Console port: aids problem resolution
- Bandsteering: redirects 5 GHz-capable clients automatically to the less-congested 5 GHz spectrum
- HP 425 Antenna: Embedded antenna: provides excellent coverage through use of embedded high-gain antennas 4 dBi antenna at 2.4 GHz and 5 dBi antenna at 5 GHz; no need for the added cost of external antennas. Optional external antenna: includes four indoor RP-SMA connectors for use with optional external antennas.
- Anywhere, anytime wireless coverage: dual-radio IEEE 802.11b/g/n and 802.11a/n access point; per-radio software-selectable configuration of frequency bands; self-healing, self-optimizing local mesh that extends network availability; Wi-Fi Alliance Certifications for interoperability with all IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n client devices; and IEEE 802.3af PoE
- Medical standards: meets the European EN60601-1-2 standard for healthcare
- Virtual Service Communities VSCs: includes up to 16 SSIDs per radio, each with unique MAC address and configurable SSID broadcasts; individual security and QoS profiles per VSC; configurable DTIM and minimum data rate per VSC; VSCs that can be mapped to separate IEEE 802.1Q VLANs; WMM and/or WMM-PS; a security filter; and an IP filter
|Ethernet LAN data rates:||10, 100, 1000 Mbit/s|
|Networking standards:||IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3an, IEEE 802.3u|
|Ethernet LAN RJ-45 ports:||1|
|Antenna gain level max:||5 dBi|
|Power consumption typical:||12.9 W|
|Colour of product:||White|
|Operating relative humidity H-H:||5 - 95 %|
|Operating temperature T-T:||0 - 45 °C|