Cisco DS-C9148D-8G16P-K9 MDS 9148 WITH 16P ENABLED
MDS 9148 WITH 16P ENABLEDThe Cisco® MDS 9148 Multilayer Fabric Switch is a high-performance, flexible, cost-effective platform with the industry's highest port density and lowest power consumption available in a compact one rack-unit 1RU chassis form factor. It provides 48 line-rate 8-Gbps ports for storage networking deployments in small, medium-sized, and large enterprise environments. The Cisco MDS 9148, based on a purpose-built "switch-on-a-chip" application-specific integrated circuit ASIC, offers outstanding value by providing high-availability, security, and ease of use at a cost-effective price. With the flexibility to expand from 16 to 48 ports in 8-port increments, the Cisco MDS 9148 offers the densities required to scale from an entry-level departmental switch to top-of-the-rack switch to edge switch connectivity into enterprise core SANs. The Cisco MDS 9148 delivers a nonblocking architecture, with all 48 1/2/4/8-Gbps ports operating at line rate concurrently.
The Cisco MDS 9148 supports Zero-Touch installation as well as the Cisco Device Manager Quick Configuration Wizard, which allow it to be deployed quickly and easily in networks of any size. Powered by Cisco MDS 9000 NX-OS Software, it includes advanced storage networking features and functions and is compatible with Cisco MDS 9500 Series Multilayer Directors and Cisco MDS 9200 and other 9100 Series Multilayer Fabric Switches, providing transparent, end-to-end service delivery in core-edge deployments.
- High-performance with exceptional flexibility: The Cisco MDS 9148 offers up to 48 autosensing Fibre Channel ports capable of speeds of 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbps in a compact 1RU form-factor chassis with 8 Gbps of dedicated bandwidth for each port and an aggregate platform bandwidth of 768 Gbps. The Cisco MDS 9148 comes with three preconfigured models for 16, 32, or 48 ports. The 16- and 32-port models can be upgraded onsite to enable additional ports by adding one or more 8-port Cisco MDS 9148 On-Demand Port Activation licenses.
- Intelligent storage networking services at a cost-effective price: The Cisco MDS 9148, powered by Cisco MDS 9000 NX-OS Software, offers intelligent storage networking capabilities such as virtual SANs VSANs, link aggregation using PortChannels, quality of service QoS, and security. These features make it easy to design, deploy, provision, and manage the Cisco MDS 9148 either as a standalone departmental SAN switch or as a top-of-the-rack switch or an edge switch in an enterprise core-edge SAN.
- Simplified scalable deployment of virtual machine-aware SANs: In a virtual machine environment in which many host operating systems or applications are running on a physical host, the Cisco MDS 9148 uses N-Port ID Virtualization NPIV technology to provide independent management for each virtual machine. Furthermore, the Cisco MDS 9148 provides Cisco N-Port Virtualization NPV and fabric-port F-port trunking and channeling features to enable SANs to be scaled without reaching Fibre Channel domain ID limits. The Cisco FlexAttach feature enables transparent server deployment and movement without SAN reconfiguration.
- High-availability platform for mission-critical deployments: The Cisco MDS 9148 is designed for environments in which downtime is unacceptable. It offers nondisruptive software upgrades, dual redundant hot-swappable power supplies with integrated fans, dual redundant hot-swappable fan trays, VSANs for fault isolation, PortChannels for Inter-Switch Link ISL resiliency, and F-port trunking for resiliency on uplinks from a Cisco MDS 9148 operating in NPV mode.
- Comprehensive security framework: The Cisco MDS 9148 supports as standard role-based access control RBAC using RADIUS or TACACS authentication, authorization, and accounting AAA functions, VSAN fabric isolation, intelligent packet inspection at the port level, Fibre Channel Security Protocol FC-SP host-to-switch and switch-to-switch authentication, Secure FTP SFTP, Secure Shell Version 2 SSHv2 and Simple Network Management Protocol Version 3 SNMPv3 implementing Advanced Encryption Standard AES, control-plane security, logical unit number LUN zoning and read-only zones, hardware-enforced zoning, broadcast zones, and management access. Although rarely needed in most switch fabric installations, an extensive set of even more innovative and powerful security features and functions is available with the optional Cisco MDS 9000 Family Enterprise Package License.
- Simplified storage management: The Cisco MDS 9148 supports SAN plug-and-play capabilities, including new Zero-Touch Installation deployment and provisioning, and offers built-in storage network management, with all features available through a command-line interface CLI or the Cisco Data Center Network Manager DCNM for SAN Essentials Edition formerly Cisco Fabric Manager, a centralized management tool with task-based wizards that simplifies management of a standalone switch or multiple switches and fabrics.
- Sophisticated diagnostics: Industry-leading intelligent diagnostics such as Fibre Channel ping, Fibre Channel traceroute, Switched Port Analyzer SPAN, Cisco Fabric Analyzer, and an integrated Call Home capability to enhance reliability, facilitate faster problem resolution, and reduce service costs.
- Reduced total cost of ownership TCO: Common platform architecture and the use of Cisco MDS 9000 NX-OS Software intelligent storage networking services across all Cisco MDS 9000 Family switches reduce ongoing operating expenses by providing a consistent set of provisioning, management, and diagnostic capabilities.
|Maximum data transfer rate:||8 Gbit/s|
|Supported data transfer rates:||-|
|Switching capacity:||- Gbit/s|
|MAC address table:||- entries|
|Quality of Service QoS support:||Y|
|Ethernet LAN RJ-45 ports quantity:||N|
|Security algorithms supported:||128-bit AES, SSH, 802.1x RADIUS|
|Access Control List ACL:||Y|
|Management protocols:||CLI, SNMP, SMI-S|
|Power over Ethernet PoE Support:||N|
|Power consumption typical:||101 W|
|Number of power supplies:||2|
|Rack mounting:||1 RU|
|Colour of product:||Black|
|Safety:||UL 60950 -1, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950 -1, EN 60950 -1, IEC 60950 -1, AS/NZS 60950, IEC 60825, EN 60825, 21 CFR 1040|
|Electromagnetic compatibility:||FCC Part 15 CFR 47 A, ICES-003 A, EN55022 A, CISPR22 A, AS/NZS CISPR22 A, VCCI A, EN55024, KN24, EN50082-1, EN61000-3-2, EN61000-3-3, EN61000-6-1, CISPR24, NEBS, GR-63-Core NEBS 3, GR-1089-Core NEBS 3, ETSI, ETS 300 019 1.1, ETS 300 019 2.3, ETSI 300 019 3.1|
|Operating relative humidity range:||10 - 90 %|
|Operating altitude:||-60 - 2000 m|
|Operating temperature range T-T:||0 - 40 °C|
|Storage temperature range T-T:||-40 - 70 °C|
|Storage relative humidity range:||5 - 95 %|
|Dimensions WxDxH:||435.9 x 479.8 x 44.7 mm|
|Power supply:||300 W|
|Power requirements:||100 - 240|
|Power supply type:||AC|
|Authentication method:||TACACS, FC-SP|
|Input frequency:||50/60 Hz|
|Input voltage:||110 - 220 V|
|Dimensions W x D x H:||17.16 x 18.89 x 1.72 "|
MDS 9148 WITH 16P ENABLED
No posts found