Synology RS10613XS+ Synology 10 BAY 2U 3,3 GHZ 4X GBE (RS10613XS+)The Ultimate SAS & SATA Storage Solution
Synology RackStation RS10613xs provides the reliable, superior-performance network attached storage solution for enterprises seeking uninterrupted service with comprehensive business applications. Scalable up to 424 TB, Synology RackStation RS10613xs simplifies data management, optimizes virtualization environments, and rapidly expands storage capacity with minimal time investment in setup and maintenance. Synology RS10613xs is backed with Synologys 3-year limited warranty.
- Superior performance at 2000 MB/sec throughput and 400,000 IOPS.
- SSD Cache Technology boosts throughput White Paper.
- Scale up to 106 HDDs with Synology RX1213sas.
- VMware® vSphere 5 & VAAI certified.
- Encryption acceleration with AES New Instructions.
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- SAS & SATA III 6Gb/s interface support.
- Eligible for 5 Year Warranty Program.
RS10613xs delivers superior performance at over 2,000 MB/sec throughput and 400,000 IOPS under RAID 5 configuration with link aggregation.1 Through advanced flash technology, the combination of hard drives and read-optimized SSD cache boosts throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte.
In addition to default 4 Gigabit ports, RS10613xs supports dual 10GbE with the add-on PCI Express x8 Gen2 Network Interface Card for maximized bandwidth, bringing you the superior performance that data-intensive applications demand of your storage system.
Equipped with 8GB RAM and up to 32GB ECC RAM expansion support, RS10613xs ensures data accuracy as well as superior performance to provide a rigorous foundation for the mission-critical tasks of your business.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS10613xs responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
With up to 424 TB of total storage capacity,3 RS10613xs is designed to grow with businesses and provides the ability to seamlessly expand a single volume up to 108TB on the fly.
When the storage capacity of RS10613xs nears it limit, expansion is easily accomplished with Synology RX1213sas. RS10613xs supports up to 106 SATA, SAS, or SSD drives for flexible capacity and balanced performance to meet the needs of varying applications and processes.
Management of RS10613xss capacious storage space is simple and flexible. Unlike standard RAID arrangements, on RS10613xs volumes can be created on grouped RAID array structures, providing higher reliability by distributing risk of disk failure and making management of storage across all hard drives more flexible and efficient. When the need for more space arises, volumes can be expanded without service disruption.
Unified Storage System
By integrating file-level NAS and block-level SAN storage into one unified storage system, RS10613xs enables businesses to cost-effectively manage multi-protocol data and reduce total cost of ownership:
- Comprehensive network protocol support CIFS/SMB, AFP and NFS ensures seamless file sharing across Windows®, Mac®, and Linux® platforms.
- Affordable and cost-effective iSCSI allows large scale business to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays.
- Thin provisioning, available for file-level iSCSI LUN, maximizes storage utilization by enabling administrators to oversubscribe provision and grow storage space as needed.
RS10613xs provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix®, and Hyper-V®. VMware vSphere® 5 and VAAI integration certified2, RS10613xs helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. As the centralized storage of a virtual environment, RS10613xs enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to user.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager DSM, RS10613xs comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale business:
- Easy integration with existing business network environments through Windows AD and LDAP directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS10613xs to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Built-in backup applications protect information assets by regularly backing up files and iSCSI LUNs locally and remotely.
- Continuous data protection with snapshots of shared folders allows restoration of previous versions when the need arises.
- Advanced Encryption Standard AES on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance.
|Number of storage drives supported:||10|
|Maximum supported storage capacity:||40 TB|
|Storage drive interface:||Serial ATA II, Serial ATA III|
|Storage drive size:||2.5/3.5 "|
|RAID levels:||0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD|
|Supported file systems:||ext3, ext4, FAT32, NTFS|
|Processor frequency:||3.3 GHz|
|Number of processors installed:||1|
|Internal RAM:||8 GB|
|Internal RAM type:||DDR3|
|Maximum RAM supported:||32 GB|
|Ethernet LAN data rates:||10, 100, 1000 Mbit/s|
|Compliance industry standards:||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u|
|Supported network protocols:||CIFS, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN PPTP, OpenVPN|
|Data transfer rate max:||1000 Mbit/s|
|Ethernet LAN RJ-45 ports:||4|
|USB 2.0 ports quantity:||4|
|Serial ports quantity:||1|
|Chassis type:||Rack 2U|
|Colour of product:||Black, Silver|
|Number of fans:||4|
|Number of users:||4096 users|
|Noise level:||54.6 dB|
|Access Control List ACL:||Y|
|Redundant power supply RPS support:||Y|
|Power consumption typical:||142 W|
|Cables included:||AC, LAN RJ-45|
|Operating temperature T-T:||5 - 35 °C|
|Operating relative humidity H-H:||5 - 95 %|
|Storage temperature T-T:||-10 - 70 °C|
|Operating altitude:||0 - 1981 m|
|Certification:||FCC A, CE A, BSMI A|
|Power requirements:||100-240VAC, 50-60Hz|
|Compatible operating systems:||Windows XP, Mac OS X 10.5, Ubuntu 9.04|
|Networking features:||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Minimum system requirements:||Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer: 8, 9, Safari MAC: 5|