Seagate ST5000NM0084 Seagate ENTERPRISE CAPACITY 3.5 HDD 5T (ST5000NM0084)The Seagate Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD delivers high capacity without sacrificing performance for reliable access to bulk storage of unstructured data.
- Provides a 25% nearline performance boost over competitive offerings to help meet your Service Level Agreements
- Helps to lower your TCO by providing the highest capacity drive to meet your expansive data growth
- Built on a field-proven, eighth-generation platform and optimised for 24×7 storage environments
- Provides secure bulk data storage with Self-Encrypting Drive SED technology you can trust
6TB and Built for Speed
Supporting the industrys best response times for a 6TB nearline drive, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD enables faster data transfers by utilising the latest interfaces on a trusted platform. And for reliable access to bulk storage, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD provides excellent IOPS/TB along with the reliability, availability and serviceability that your customers expect.
Supersize Your Unstructured Data Storage
The Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD is the perfect foundation for building maximum density server and storage solutions. This family of 3.5-inch capacity-optimised hard drives in 6, 5, 4 and 2TB capacities supports the highest density storage for a great return-on-investment.
Reliable, Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
High capacity storage for multi-drive chassis requires predictable and reliable performance. The Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD is built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of up 550TB per year, which is up to 10× the rated workload of desktop HDDs. Clearly, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD can help to ensure that you meet your rigorous bulk storage SLAs. Choose from 12Gb/s SAS or SATA 6Gb/s interfaces for easy integration into existing platforms.
Protect Data with SED Options
Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD protects data where it liveson the drive. Choose from government-grade SED FIPS 140-2 option or SED models with Seagate Instant Secure Erase technology for easy and cost effective drive disposal.
Whats In the Hard Drive
- Worlds fastest 6TB nearline hard drives
- 10× the workload rating of desktop drives
- High reliability with an MTBF of 1.4M hours on all drives
- 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interfaces for easy integration
- Excellent IOPS/TB storage for unstructured data
- 25% increase in areal density
- Seagate Instant Secure Erase feature on SED drives for secure, easy and cost-effective drive disposal
|Hard drive interface:||Serial ATA, Serial ATA II, Serial ATA III|
|Hard drive capacity:||5000 GB|
|Hard drive size:||3.5 "|
|Hard drive speed:||7200 RPM|
|Drive device, buffer size:||128 MB|
|Average latency:||4.16 ms|
|Hard drive sustained transfer rate:||216 MiB/s|
|Mean time between failures MTBF:||1400000 h|
|Power consumption read:||11.27 W|
|Power consumption idle:||6.9 W|
|Input voltage:||12 / 5 V|
|Operating temperature T-T:||5 - 60 °C|
|Operating shock:||70 G|
|Non-operating shock:||300 G|
|Non-operating vibration:||5 G|